Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day. It may have a little something to do with it being morning time, also my favorite time of day. Or maybe because it is the most important.
Working a full time job means that I can’t always have an elaborate breakfast everyday. And that is why the weekends are a time to splurge on your favorite breakfast items.
Some like to go out for breakfast or brunch, and as much as I love a good brunch spread I don’t always like to spend my Saturday mornings waiting in line for a table.
That is why I have been all about the pancake spread on a Saturday morning at home. A place you don’t have to get dressed, shower, brush your hair, or look presentable. You can roll out of bed and enjoy this in bed.
What more could you want. Today I wanted to share some yummy, delicious, some protein packed and healthy pancakes to make on your next lazy Saturday.
– Try About Time Chocolate Chip Pancakes: These are perfect for the person who likes pancakes but doesn’t like the hassle. They are a perfect post run or workout breakfast as well. Find the mix here. Just add 1/2 cup pancake mix with 1/4-1/2 cup water and you have yourself some delicious and dessert like chocolate filled breakfast.
– The Clean Eating Couple’s Healthy Apple Cinnamon Pancakes: These pancakes swapped out flour for oat flour, butter for honey and added some fruit to make this healthy version of some fall flavored pancakes!
– Strawberry Protein Pancakes: This pancake combines protein powder, kodiak cakes and an egg. Serves as a great post workout, with the perfect combination of macros to power you through your day. Add strawberries for a fruity twist.
1 whole egg
1/2 scoop protein powder
1/2 serving Kodiak cakes
1/4 cup chopped strawberries
– Party in my pants Protein Pancakes, 2 ways: These two pancakes combine the classic protein pancakes with banana pancakes to make a healthy and protein packed pancake breakfast option.
– The Fit Foodie Mama’s Blueberry Zucchini Waffles: Waffles are more fun when they contain veggies right! These pancakes sneak in some extra nutrition with the addition of zucchini.
– Banana Pancakes with Chia Berry Pudding: These pancakes are perfect for someone that is looking for the non traditional dish. Have your syrup take a back seat to this chia seed berry pudding on top.
1 whole egg
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup chia seed pudding
1/4 cup microwaved mixed berries