These Chocolate Coconut Cups are filled with creamy coconut filling and covered in a rich, bold dark chocolate. They are less than 5 ingredients, vegan friendly, paleo, gluten free and dairy free.
And the obsession continues. There is just something about making a dessert with minimal ingredients and minimal time that I just love. There is also something I love about a piece of chocolate dressed up with a fancy filling that just gets me craving more variations.
I have now shared with you guys chocolate peanut butter banana cups, chocolate almond butter stuffed dates, protein buckeyes and the most recent sunbutter cups.
Ok so yea these desserts are easy and delicious, but you are probably thinking, why don’t I just go grab a piece of candy then. Well I will give you two reasons.
1. Candy like Reese Cups contain ingredients like dextrose, hydrongenated vegetable oil, TBHQ and citric acid. Um what is TBHQ, because I know I don’t know.
2. Candy like Justin’s Peanut Butter Cups that contain much clearer ingredients but I don’t know about you, $2.49 for 2 peanut butter cups is a little on the pricey side!
Making your own has its upsides as well like:
1. Customizing your filling. Maybe you don’t want peanut butter, or maybe you want something a little special added, some pretzels, nuts, a sprinkle of salt for that sweet salty combo.
2. Ingredients to make these may be more than buying a pack, but when you have a bag of chocolate chips, coconut oil, nut butters or bananas I would be willing to bet you can use them for more than just homemade chocolate cups.
3. It can be a fun activity. Have a boyfriend that doesn’t want to commit to baking with you, these are a quick and easy activity I think he might just say ok to. Have kids? These would be an easy way to make something with them.
4. They are delicious!
And now onto these chocolate coconut cups. Filled with a textured coconut creme filling these chocolate coconut cups are sure to make any coconut lover go wild. Simple ingredients make this chocolate coconut candy easy to make and absolutely delicious. They combine shredded coconut and coconut oil, making them a coconut powerhouse. Try these out for a sweet treat or easy no bake dessert.
Chocolate Coconut Cups
These chocolate coconut cups are the perfect no bake, simple ingredient, easy dessert anyone can make. They are packed with coconut benefits and great for your paleo, gluten free or even vegan friends.
In a bowl, combine your chocolate chips and 1 T of coconut oil. Melt by microwaving in 30 second intervals and stirring. In a blender add your shredded coconut and pulse to a flour like substance. Add in 2-3 T of coconut oil and your coconut sugar. Remove from blend. In a mini cupcake tin, with mini cupcake tins add in a t of chocolate, then add in a small scoop of coconut. Lastly cover the chocolate and coconut with another layer of chocolate. Sprinkle some shredded coconut on top and freeze or refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.